So, has everyone heard about the people killed in Gaza? It is a

mazing how something so far away (not just in distance but also in circumstances) can have such a big impact on our lives. Because of the incident, there was a strike going on today in the Old City. That means we couldn't be in East Jerusalem today. It was quite an ironic turn of events because we are leaving for Jordan tomorrow and everyone needs to get money. Luckily, they worked it out so the money changer is coming here. That doesn't help me out because I only have my ATM card. However, I am going to trust that everything will work out in that regard. But, since we couldn't go into East Jerusalem, a few of us headed over to our sister campus a little north of here on Mount Scopus, Hebrew University.
On the way, I finally got a picture of the sign that says Mormon University, pointing the way to the center. We walked around the campus there and it was really nice and very beautiful. They had tons of cats all ove

r, so that was interesting to see. It really made me appreciate the clean air of BYU campus, though.
(Right - me, Russ, Kendra, and Lyle in front of the sign for the Mormon University). I don't think my youngest sister would have done well with the smoke (because of the house fire she was in five years ago). We basically went for a few people to get some money and it was fun to just walk around. However, during the excursion, I was tackled and kicked. There is a story behind that, but it will suffice to say that it wasn't completely intentional and the guy is about twice my size in all aspects of the word (that is a slight exaggeration).
Anyway, despite the stress of worrying about how I am going to get money, today has been an alright day. Tomorrow will be even better because I will be on my way to JORDAN! I will be gone for four days, so I won't be able to write, but I will post when I get back my adventures in Jordan, including seeing one of the modern seven wonders of the world: Petra.
No comments:
Post a Comment