 |
Making dinner, Ulises is actually in the
kitchen cutting onion :) |
This is a week of Posadas, meaning Christmas parties. I had one on Tuesday, which was fun. They had good food as well. There was another Posada tonight, and I have one tomorrow as well. I guess you can count Saturday as an upcoming Posada, though the hosts call it a Holiday Open House instead.
Anyway, so tonight Ulises and I went over to a friend's house. There we made a food that I can't remember what it is called. It involves lost of different meats (mainly different varieties of pork, including bacon and hotdogs) with other things for flavoring put in a tortilla and served with pico de gallo. It was pretty good, despite being made of pork. After eating, we had karaoke. It was outside, so I was a little cold, but at least they had some English songs this time, so I didn't just have to pretend to sing a long.
 |
| Daniella and Vivi cutting meat |
We also had a gift exchange. I was given some chocolate. I gave earrings to my friend. We drew the names on Sunday for the gift giving. It was a fun little activity. Afterward, we had more karaoke. Ulises particularly liked the karaoke. I had no idea he enjoyed singing so much. We were probably out late then we should have been, or rather I was probably out later than I should have been considering I have to work tomorrow. But it was fun. And since tomorrow was Friday, that means I don't have to worry about waking up early on Saturday.
 |
| The finished product (before the pico de gallo) |
 |
| Karaoke! |
 |
For dessert we had marshmallows dipped
in chocolate, tasty, but a little too rich
for my tastes. |
No comments:
Post a Comment