 |
| Frank with the Christmas stockings |
Merry Christmas!
This morning began very early, of course. You can't really expect anything else when Frank is around. I was woken up early, around 5:30 by a loud horn. By the third time he blew that horn, I said, "I heard you the first time!" It brought back memories to my Christmas with them when I lived with them in Las Vegas 11 yrs ago. Wow, I can't believe that was 11 yrs ago!
We started with our stockings and then opened gifts. When we were done, we got ready for church. Their church was actually meeting with 2 other wards, one of them the Spanish ward. So, despite the fact that I wasn't in Mexico, part of my meeting was in Spanish (just a few words, they had a translator for most of it) and I sang some of the hymns in Spanish as well.
 |
| Patti opening her stocking |
After church, the missionaries came over for Christmas dinner. It was a really good meal: ham, applesauce, stuffing, deviled eggs, salad, rolls. It was good. After dinner, we played a game called Farkle. We HAD to play the game because they had given me my own travel version for Christmas and I needed to learn how to play. It is a dice rolling game. It was a lot of fun. I miserably lost the first round, but I won the second round.
It was a good day. I'm glad I came for Christmas. I'm also really excited to go home tomorrow. Its amazing how much I miss Juarez when I'm not there...
 |
| My stocking stuffers and gift from Santa |
 |
| Opening a present |
 |
| Frank excited for his new hand-held GPS |
 |
| Frank and Patti opening my gift to them |
 |
| Aztec calendar blanket |
 |
| Sadie excited for her present |
 |
| Family picture |
 |
| Preparing Christmas dinner |
 |
While we were waiting for the food to be ready,
the missionaries and I worked on this 3000 piece
puzzle my aunt had been working on. |
 |
Christmas salad, somehow pomegranate make it look
so festive! |
 |
| After dinner, playing Farkle |
No comments:
Post a Comment