Friday, June 10, 2011

Dwindling Food Supply

My Miracle Whip "Salad Dressing"
As I'm leaving DC in two weeks and I hate to waste things, I've been trying to use up my food supply.  It's hard to do that with condiments.  I had a vinaigrette dressing left over, so I bought a thing of salad to eat it with.  I didn't think about how much salad I would need, so after I finished the dressing, I was left with a HUGE thing of salad to eat . . . with nothing to eat it with.  Today I decided I should try to eat some of this salad before it goes bad.  Eating it plain was not working, so I tried mixing a little cheese in.  Still not very tasty.  Then I realized that I still have Miracle Whip.  The generic form of that is called Salad Dressing . . . though I've never used it on a green salad, or heard of anyone doing so.  But, I figured, why not give it a try?
It's a little thick to just eat as is, so I added a little milk to thin it out, then added some seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, chopped onions, & dill weed).  I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised.  It was actually really good.  So, if ever you are trying to use things up, you have a lot of salad, no dressing to eat it with, and some Miracle Whip, I would suggest trying them together!

No comments: