Friday, March 13, 2009

An Eventful Evening

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to go along with this post, but I had a very eventful evening. First I started a group on facebook for the support of old movies. I had the intention of meeting once a month, but only two people who joined the group actually told me when they would be able to meet, so I chose a day. Well, that bombed. Only one person was going to be able to make it, so I postponed it until tonight. I forgot about the BYU Russian Club's planned activity. Luckily, my event was schedule for 8:30, so I was able to go to the beginning of the Russian Club activity. I was able to eat some good Russian food and we watched some short films before I had to leave.
Even with the change in time, only two people said they would for sure be able to come, and two others said that they might be able to. I have to say one thing, this has really discouraged me from organizing events. Why put in all that effort if no one is going to come? Still, I had a lot of fun. We watched Not Quite Human (an old disney movie that isn't available on dvd). I had three attendees (besides Sara) and a couple of them stayed a little later and we talked. It was very enjoyable. It almost made it worth it to go through all the pains of planning. But, even if I decide to do that again, we probably only have one more time before I graduate and leave! Oh well, it was still a good evening.

No comments: