avic Club to Salt Lake City to go to a Russian market. We ended up going to a couple of places. (Left - Collin inside Lubochka Cafe) The first place is an international store just off of state st. in Salt Lake (just above 3300 S). There I found гречка (grechka=buck wheat)! I was really excited, so I got some. I also found a falafel mix. I was pretty excited about that. In addition, I bought some borscht spices and сушки (sushki - a snack food that is somewhere between a cookie and a pretzel, they're pretty good).It was pretty small, but they still had some good things. From there we went to a place called Luybochka, a Russian cafe near 900 W on 3300 S. We ate lunch there where I got borscht and
vareniki. It was really good. I also got vareniki to go and some spices for plov. (Right - Ryan) It was nice because we ordered in Russian and talked in Russian most of the time we were there. It was almost like being in Russia again. I really enjoyed it. Plus, I got some Russian food out of the bargain!!!
Tyler pouring our peach juice

Me with my borscht and Russian bread
No comments:
Post a Comment