We kind of have a resolution for the situation that happened today. My dad talked to my sister after dinner and took the wife's side, in everything. He even said that what my sister did was abuse toward his wife. That means that according to him, to stand up for yourself=abuse.
I can't say that I'm surprised that he took her side (he also told my sister that if she wouldn't listen to the wife, then they would have to make other arrangements), but I was hoping that for once he would show that he cared about his daughters. But, I shouldn't have even hoped for that. This means that my sister is going to try to find a different place to live. Hopefully she will be able to find something quickly. The situation she is in isn't going to get better, and I foresee it get worse now that the wife knows my dad won't stand up for his daughters. After all, he doesn't want to be alone, and all she would have to do is threaten to leave him if he did. I don't know if that's what she did, but I wouldn't put it past her. And unfortunately my dad is very different then me because I would say, screw you! I would rather be alone then live with that over my head.
I feel drained now, extremely disappointed, but resigned to the fact that things aren't going to change. And it seems to me that in the future, my dad will be less and less a part of my life. I wonder if he won't come to my graduation now as a result . . .
2 comments:
hey, i am so sorry to hear all of what has happened. does lizzy have to stay in North Dakota? cause if not she might be able to come to brigham. i would have to talk to my parents and to grandma and grandpa, but i am sure if she doesn't have to stay in North Dakota we could figure something out. i really hope it all works out
Britt
Kind of. The problem is that she hasn't been able to find a job yet and I think she will have that problem no matter where she is, but up there, the point was that she wouldn't have to pay for things until she had a job. So, if she has to leave my dad's house, then I guess it doesn't really matter where she goes. But, I think they're going to try it out for a bit. My dad talked to his wife about approaching Lizzy in a softer way, so hopeful that will make a difference. And if not, if she still acts the way that she was, then we will get Lizzy out of there.
So thanks, but we'll see what happens first.
Post a Comment