Things are a little better now. I talked to my dad for nearly an hour. I haven't done that since . . . well ever. I was able to say a lot of things that I needed to say, and I hope that my dad feels the same way. I don't know if I feel any better, because it was two people who weren't involved in the situation talking, and the only thing that will really resolve the situation is if the two people involved change their behavior. But, I suggested better ways to relate to Elizabeth, and I hope that that will make a difference. I also talked to Elizabeth and suggested ways in which she can behave differently. Hopefully, both of them can at least be civil toward each other. I think the main problem is misunderstanding. I just get my sister's side, my dad just gets his wife's side, and when emotion is involved, can you ever really fully trust someone's account? I am more inclined to believe my sister for two reasons: she doesn't sound emotional when she is telling me and also because it usually comes out much after the fact. She isn't just running to me to complain. However, still, that doesn't mean that more civility cannot be attained on her side.
Anyway, time will only tell what will happen, but I hope that things work out because I'm not sure where else Lizzy can go . . .
1 comment:
I'm glad that things are looking up. I hope everthing turns out good. do you know if Lizzy is still planning on going on a mission?
Post a Comment