 |
One last time, getting our key to be able to enter our little apartment. |
We missed our time to go to the Bahai Gardens this morning, so our itinerary had to be completely rearranged. We went to Kursi National Park instead. There Brother Draper taught about the man possessed with a Legion of devils that were cast into a herd of swine. While we were sitting there, a poor cat came in with a broken back. It could hardly walk. It couldn't control it's bladder at all, either. I think it must be paralyzed from the waste down. People were making fun of it. I wish there was something I could do to help that poor thing, but there is nothing I can do. It made me cry to see the poor thing (literally), and it made me feel a little sick. I don't think that kind of injury was an accident.
We next went to Korazim, one of the three cities that the Savior cursed. It was in ruins, of course. There was an interesting synagogue there and houses. I gathered some pottery pieces, but I stayed mainly to myself, still recovering from Kursi.
 |
| Kursi National Park entrance |
Our next stop was Nazareth. We drove through Cana and on to the Church of the Annunciation. That was really cool and very beautiful. They have pictures of Mary donated from all over the world. Through a courtyard we reached St. Joseph's Church, dedicated to Joseph, the husband of Mary and mortal father of Jesus. That was nice, too.
After that I went with Sadie, Jared, and Danny to see the Synagogue Church, dedicated to the Savior's announcing of his divinity in a Synagogue. It may have taken place there. Next we went to the Anglican Church. That was also very beautiful.
 |
| Cat with broken spine |
We had a little time before we could get in to the museum under the court between the Church of the Annunciation and St. Joseph's Church. We looked around and then hurried back. Brother Seely covered our entrance fee of 5NIS. We didn't have much time, but the place was tiny. We really went to see the Romanesque capitals that, because of defeat by the Muslims, never made it into the church.
Then we hurried back to the bus. We drove to Akko. That took a little while. When we arrived, we went into the citadel. Oh, on the bus ride, I sang back up to How Much is that Doggy in the Window along with Lindsay, Chris, and Lisa with Heather singing the main part. It was fun.
 |
| Cat trying to walk |
In the citadel, we all crashed on the lawn before going in to watch a movie. Then we went around and inside an actual crusader building. It was cool. The only bad thing is that there was a cat and Danny picked it up by the neck. I was horrified! He said he didn't hurt it, but I have to wonder what his purpose was in doing that. He tried to do it second time and I told him off. At least he listened to me. Here, I think I should mention that I don't consider myself to be a cat person, even though I have a cat. I am an animal lover. I feel that every living thing deserves to be treated with love and respect, whether human or not.
 |
Megan and Bethany trying to cheer me up while I was crying for the cat. |
We walked through a market to get to the El Jazeer Mosque. That was cool. We saw a man and a woman praying together, which is unusual. Then we continued on and went through a place that would have been used as an inn. Finally we walked along the sea. That was awesome. I saw a door to a church. The Franciscan symbol was above it.
From there we went to our hotel here. It is tiny. Lauran is sleeping on a cot and the shower is just on the floor. The food was definitely a disappointment after Ein Gev. Oh well. After dinner, I walked down to the sea and sat and talked. When I came back, I went to a girls' movie night. We watched Music and Lyrics. It was a lot of fun. I'm so tired!
 |
| Kursi |
 |
| Kursi National Park |
 |
| Korazim |
 |
| Korazim Synagogue |
 |
| Brother Draper expounding the scriptures |
 |
I'm sure this synagogue was breath taking when it was not in ruins |
 |
| In Nazareth! |
 |
| The Church of the Annunciation |
 |
| Closer up to the Church of the Annuciation |
 |
| Inside the Church of the Annunciation |
 |
| They still have some of the original building visible |
 |
| The Church of St Joseph |
 |
| Outside of the Church of St. Joseph |
 |
| Inside the Church of St Joseph |
 |
| Me and Aimee |
 |
| The Synagogue Church |
 |
| Inside the Synagogue Church |
 |
| The road to Akko |
 |
| The Acre Citadel |
 |
| Inside the Citadel, there are these amazing arched ceilings |
 |
| More arches |
 |
| Me, Jeff, and Lisa in an arched hallway |
 |
| Entrance to the market |
 |
| Me and Claire in front of El Jazeer Mosque |
 |
| Inside the Mosque |
 |
| Around Akko |
 |
| What a lovely courtyard! |
 |
| View of the Mediterranean Sea |
 |
| Door to a Franciscan church |
 |
| Our tiny room . . . |
 |
Looks like you can literally shower while you are on the toilet!! |
 |
| Outside our hotel |
No comments:
Post a Comment