 |
| Erin and I in CHS band hats |
Second day of the reunion . . . It started off with a tour of the school. Erin went along with me, even though she hated Century and swore she would never set foot inside those halls again. Oh, the things we are willing to do for friends! Even put on ridiculous hats and take pictures! There weren't a lot of people there. I enjoyed it, just to remember and see how things have changed. Some things are still the same. I mean that literally. The auditorium still has the same carpet that it had when I went to school there. And it is obvious that it is old. I guess they've prioritized other things. But, they could at least get rid of the carpet and make it a tile floor. That would last longer.
 |
CHS - This is part of the Century mission statement that I helped to rewrite when I was a senior. I was chosen for the project, and we came up with these words to describe Century. The full mission statement, at least that I helped write, is as follows: :The mission of Century High School is to inspire and challenge students to participate in education as a life-long endeavor and to provide educational opportunities that create productive citizens by emphasizing Character, Honor, and Success." |
After that, we went to the park for a picnic. Again, there weren't a lot of people there. It was actually a really disappointing turn out. Erin and I basically ate and then we left. I didn't really recognize anyone that was there.
Erin and I rented a Heath Ledger movie and watched that, as is our tradition and pact. We still have several to watch, but we have to do it one at a time. We also went to the dinner this evening. It was alright, though windy. We did run into an old Richholt classmate. I was more interested in seeing fellow Richholt students than anyone from high school. As far as I know, Erin and I were two of the three that showed up. Oh well, maybe more will show at the 20-year high school reunion...
Oh, and it seems like most people I went to high school with are already married with kids. It'll be interesting to see how the dynamic shifts in another 10 years. That is, unless the failure of this reunion makes them not want to plan another.
No comments:
Post a Comment