Wednesday, October 26, 2011

En el centro

The concert
Tonight I had an errand to run.  The primary program in my ward is coming up this Sunday and I was put in charge of getting the bookmarks printed.  We're going to be giving out bookmarks for everyone to be able to remember the program.  I designed them, and then tonight I went to print them.  I got help from a friend because I wasn't sure where to go.  The first place we went to didn't look very good when it printed.  So I asked about a laser printer.  I don't know why it didn't occur to me to go to Office Depot, but that's what we ended up doing.  They have a laser printer and it only cost 1 peso more per sheet of paper, which was well worth it for the better quality.
Once we had the bookmarks printed, we went down town.  We were going to see this train engine that they have there near the museum of the revolution in the border.  To our surprise, there was an event going on right there.  There ended up being a concert, different types of music and some dancers.  I met a famous actor (well, I've never heard of him) name Fernando Rico.  I also saw the cotton-candy pole dancer that I first saw at the Mana concert.  So I got a picture with him.  It was already starting to get dark, so that one didn't turn out very well.  We basically just walked around.  We tried taking some pictures, but I guess we'll have to go back when it is light outside.
Fernando Rico and me
Me and la Yuri (not sure how that is spelled)
Large crowd of people gathered
Dancers on the stage
Statue down town
Horseback riding :)
Look, no hands!  I should be a stunt rider!

No comments: