| Glass of Champurrado |
I think I've mentioned this before, but every Tuesday night, there is an activity in the church. Since I am in the Primary (aka, I work with the kids), I always end up at the Primary activity (aka, activity for the kids), but they always have an activity for the women, as well. After the Primary activity, if the women are still around, I will go in there to see what is going on.
Tonight, I got to try a couple new things. One is called champurrado, which is a hot drink. I thought it tasted like mushrooms, though I really couldn't put my finger on the flavor. The texture felt a lot like cream of mushroom soup, which may be how the idea of it tasting like mushrooms got into my head. It turns out, it is actually a chocolate drink, but they use corn flour in it as well. I guess that is where the texture comes from. It was interesting, and at first it was good. But I got weirded out by the end of the glass and couldn't finish it. I haven't found too many Mexican drinks that I like, including Jamaica and Horchata. They also had chalupas, which were good, but spicy as things generally are around here. They were a little too spicy for my taste, but I still enjoyed it.
| Chalupas |
No comments:
Post a Comment