Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Aftermath

One of the small puddles on the road.  This one only took
up one lane.
So, this morning I saw the aftermath of last night's rain storm.  Even though it had been several hours since it had stopped raining, there were lots of huge puddles.  Parts that went completely across major roads!
On the way home from work, there were still parts that were flooded like this.  I guess it IS true :)
So, I am almost completely done with my first, sort-of, full week of interviewing.  I say sort-of full week because yesterday was an admin day which means we didn't do any interviews, but since I was a full participant in the meetings and the other work, I will still count it.  So far, things are going alright.  It's not taking as long as I feared to begin to feel comfortable in my job.  I did lots of different cases today: exchange visitors, NAFTA professionals, students, inter-company transfers.  It was a long, but interesting day.

No comments: