We ate, talked, played games, had a marshmallow fight (I just watched that, though it was quite amusing) and finally they announced the winners of the guessing contest. There was one jar with tootsie rolls, one with skittles. I guessed 49 on the tootsie rolls, and I 313 on the skittles. There really 49 tootsie rolls and 262 skittles. Although I was way off on the skittles, I was right on with the tootsie rolls! So for the first time ever, I won a candy jar contest, and I got it exactly right! (See picture above).
It was quite a way to end my day. Especially since earlier wasn't so great. Basically, I've decided that I am never going to plan any kind of activity/party, etc. Honestly, it isn't worth the work when no one comes anyway. Basically, I'm hosting a Mary Kay Party for my cousin, who is a consultant, this weekend. I realize that it is Easter weekend, but even the people who said they could come are now backing out. Only 2 people haven't,
So, I was feeling a little down about that. Winning that jar of tootsie rolls made me feel much better. Then to top it all off, Gizmo came and sat next to me when I got home (see picture). Sometimes he likes to cuddle, and it always makes me feel better when he does. I know, no matter what, that he loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment