Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Beginning of the End

I am now "officially" graduated from BYU. Today has been a really long day, and it promises to be just a little longer. (Below - Olive Garden: Sara, me, Erin, and Heather around the table) Now that I am officially unemployed (since I'm no longer a student, I can't work at my old job), I didn't have to wake up early this morning, but Gizmo wouldn't let me sleep in. So, I was up at 6 am. It worked out because a few hours later Heather and Erin arrived. I am so glad that they are here. I haven't seen them in nearly a year.
They relaxed and cleaned up a little. Then we headed out. We decided to go to the BYU Bookstore. We were there for a really long time, but it was fun. I spent more than I should have, but I really don't have any BYU clothing, and I won't have another chance for a while. Plus, I'm graduating, so I wanted to get something.
After that, we stopped by Betsy's house before going to get Sara to go to lunch. We decided to go to Olive Garden. (Left - Graduation) We got the soup, salad, and breadstick lunch. It was really good. Our waiter said he would be surprised if we ate more than two bowls of soup, so just to prove him wrong, I ate 3. I probably could have had another, but we didn't have time. In fact, I was almost late for the processional. However, Humanities was basically last, so even though I was a little late, I still had to stand around and wait for awhile.
Anyway, I walked with the graduating class and sat through the program. It was really warm, and I was really tired, so it was hard to stay awake, but it was really good. President Samuelson conferred upon us our degrees (though we got nothing to show for it), and that's why I can say that I am basically officially graduated from BYU. (Right - me in my cap and gown)
After that, we all came back to my apartment for dinner. I made Plov. It was odd to have so many people in my apartment, but we somehow fit around the table. After dinner, a couple people left, and the rest of us stayed and watched a movie (well, Heather and Erin basically slept through it). Now I am just waiting for Becky to get here. She ended up working tonight, so she should be here in a little while.

No comments: