I got up, showered, and got ready. Then around 10:00, I looked at the schedule and realized that we had games/social activities at 11:00 and that breakfast ended at 11:00. So I woke Colette up to tell her that, and went upstairs to get breakfast while she got ready.
In the Windjammer, I walked around until I found a table. It was just a little two person table. I put my stuff down and tried to ask a couple to
After a little while, the guy started talking to me:
"What's your name?"
"I'm Rachel, what's your name?"
"Chris. Where's your boyfriend?"
"Not here."
Maybe I should have left it at that, but I like to talk to people, so I asked him where he was from and who he was traveling with. He is from New Jersey and is traveling with his family. He asked me more about my "boyfriend" so I told him that I didn't have a boyfriend.
At some point, he asked me to hang out with him later. I didn't know how to respond to that . . . So I just ignored it. He also told me that he was taking a risk by talking to me. I told him he was brave (but I thought, that doesn't mean I have to say yes).
He asked, "Do you know why I'm asking you to be my girlfriend?"
"No."
"Because I broke up with her because she cheated on me.
How do you respond to something like that? Well, I asked him what made him think that I would be a better girlfriend. He didn't really have an answer for that. (Right - sunset over the Bahamas)
At one point he said:
"You're very pretty."
"Thanks . . ."
"And I'm in love with you, that's why I'm sweet talking you."
"I don't believe that."
"What?"
"You don't even know me! I don't believe you can love someone you don't even know!"
In the end, I convinced him that he didn't want me for a girlfriend by asking if he drinks. He, of course does, so I said, "Well I don't drink. . . And I don't date anyone that drinks."
"Oh, never mind then."
It was quite an interesting and unforgettable breakfast. I've never had a guy tell me that he is in love with me before (I've had OTHER people tell me that a guy was in
He was probably a few years younger than me, too, maybe 22 or 23. So it was doomed from the start.
After breakfast, I went down to the conference room where we met on the first day. There we played get-to-know you games. It was fun. We only had an hour because a wedding was scheduled in the room for noon.
When we got kicked out, we didn't know what to do because we weren't in port yet. We stood talking with a couple of people, but one particular guy was extremely rude.
We walked around a little, then I went to get ready for my shore excursion. There were a lot less people on today's shore excursion than yesterday's. We entered the Bahamas and found the place where we were to check in. Then we headed off to the pier where we got on a boat. The boat was really slow, but we went out to another island. I don't remember what it was called, but it was an island that was actually on top of a coral reef. There some of us got into kayaks and others put on snorkeling gear. I got into a kayak. It was clear so that you could see into the water, but it was hard to see. After a bit, I realized that it would be easier to see by snorkeling, so we went back in and I put on snorkel gear.
I wish I had brought my water proof camera case because it was awesome. It was way better than snorkeling in Key West. I saw a yellow stingray, touched a sea cucumber, and basically felt like I was swimming among the fish. It was great.
(Left - Independence decorations in Nassau) Eventually we had to go in and head back to Nassau. From there I hurried into town to get some free pendants and a free charm for my charm bracelet. Then I went back to the ship for dinner.
After dinner I was going to head out on the town with a couple of people, but I had to go to the bathroom. When I was done, I thought they had left the dining room. Later, I found out that they were waiting in there for me. Oops! It's so easy to lose people on a cruise amongst all the other people.
So since I couldn't find them in the dining room, I decided to
Since I was now with a large group of people, I decided to stay out. They didn't believe me when I told them what had happened.
We went to Senor Frogs, a famous bar. There
We heard from others later that after we left the party died down (what can I say, we are the life of the party!), but then the alcohol started to take effect and it got really bad. (Right - Elephant towel creature. Housekeeping would leave various towel art in our rooms. It was pretty cool and interesting) We cut out just in time.
We walked around a little more and relaxed. Then we went back to the ship.
Back on board we went to see the Love & Marriage show. That was funny. Then we went Latin dancing. That was fun, but since I'm not very good, it wasn't fun for too long. Plus, I only know how to salsa, and only a little. Soon, we went to watch the ship leave port. We ended up talking into the wee hours of the morning.
1 comment:
Wow, sounds like a great trip! A lot of neat experiences all on one ship! That guy who "loved" you at breakfast...hilarious. I'm sure you got men telling you they loved you in Russia. Gotta love them drunk guys...or weird NJ dudes in this case. I love snorkeling! I am jealous! I haven't been in so long. Maybe I'll have to follow suit and take a cruise! :)
Post a Comment