Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back in North Dakota

I am back in North Dakota. It is so odd to be back. Maybe that is partly because I don't really feel like I have a place. I'm staying with my friend, but even there I don't have a place. (Erin, if you read this, don't feel bad, that's just the nature of staying with someone). I'm so used to being on my own, not having anyone waiting for me, or wondering where I am. I'm used to having space to put my things. I'm used to cooking my own meals, and buying my own food. I can still eat whatever I want, but more so depends on what is in the house that I am currently sitting in, which I don't control.
But, I have an interview this week. I really hope I get that job. Then I may look into finding a place for me to live. But, the problem is that I would need a furnished apartment (I don't really want to have to go looking for furniture) and that is really hard to find here. Plus, I don't want a long lease, maybe 6 months at the most, but preferably a month by month lease. That is also hard to find. The only option, in my very minuscule browsing, that I have come across is corporate housing. I haven't been able to find price quotes, so I'm assuming that it is probably expensive. I guess there is also subleasing, but who knows if anyone is doing that? I'll have to look into it more. The corporate housing really would be perfect, but I doubt that I could actually afford it.
So, that is my dilemma. The best option would be for my security clearance to go through quickly and for me to start working for the State Department, but since the government is nothing if not thorough, I kind of doubt I will start working before the end of the year, if even that soon.

No comments: