if we talk to 10 people every day about the gospel, then our baptisms will double. Well, we have yet to see THAT happen but we have been finding a lot of people, so even though no one is yet ready to accept baptism, we are seeing success in a different way. (Above - Me and Саргсян in military uniforms on the men's holiday) For example, that girl that we met last week at the internet, not only did she start talking to us, but she gave us her phone number and address. We went to see her 2 days later and her friend was there, too. They want to hear about our religion, what we believe, why we are here, etc, but they tell us it is not for us to bring them to our church. But the interest they have is a beginning. We gave them a Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet, the Articles of Faith and even a Book of Mormon. They were really happy and they really enjoy talking with us. It is interesting that most people who want to talk to us, want to because they think we are cool or because we are nice. I got a compliment yesterday. One of the members invited a friend to our youth night. She came and it turns out that she knows English. Sister Саргсян (Sargsyan) told her that I speak English so she even gave it to me in English. I don't remember exactly how she said it now, but it was something about my smile. Maybe she said I have a bright smile or something, I don't remember exactly, but it was a nice compliment. (Later I remembered that she told me I have a sweet smile) It turns out that she knows a guy from Australia who is in Тольятти (Togliatti). She promised to come to English and invite him. That would be really interesting to meet him. Maybe he has even heard something about the church! That would be really cool.
We shall see if he even comes. She said that he is really lazy, so who knows if he will feel like coming, even though he only sits at home because he doesn't know Russian and maybe he won't think it is worth it to come and speak English. (Above - the Relief Society after the men's holiday that they organized, wearing ties made by Галина) Who knows? I would really like to meet him because it would make things a little more interesting.
So, pass on Happy Birthday to Becky for me, will ya? Even though she refuses to write me. What's the deal? Oh well.
Hey mom, thanks. Thanks for everything you do. I really appreciate it. That's crazy about Stuart's call. For some reason I don't even remember hearing that Josh Mayer was on a mission. That must have been a long time ago if he is going to be home before Stuart goes. Strange. Oh well. How many missionaries are in the ward right now?
Also, grandpa and grandma, thanks for the email. I appreciate hearing about everything that's going on. Sometimes I really do feel like I am in a dream and that nothing is really happening there. That means when I get home, everything will be exactly the same. I need things to remind me that things are changing so it won't be such a shock when I get home. I tried sending Adam a letter once, but he never responded so I don't know if he even got it. I hope things are going great for him. It seems like he should be finishing soon, but maybe I have no sense of time.
Heather, I really hope you are still reading the website because I can't respond to your emails anymore. I did get your letter though with the drawing. My companion really liked it.
Let's see. I also got a card from Brothe
r Bruderer (I'm pretty sure that's his last name, the one who taught Sunday school a couple of times while I was home, and not Brother Bundy). (Above - With Ирина and her sister)He sent me some money. I was really shocked to get that! Especially since he sent it through pouch. Tell him thanks for me. I really appreciate that he is thinking of me.
It seems like I will be able to buy a digital camera. I really want one, and maybe I shouldn't spend money on buying one (I will have to get some money from the bank, but not very much) but I almost finished my film that you bought for me (I know, already) and it will be a lot nicer and easier to just be able to save them on discs. Then I can send even more pictures and even films to you. I am really excited about that. All I have to do is save them on a CD and into the mail! Then you can print any ones that you want, look at the rest and watch the movies. So, we've been looking around and I will probably buy one either today or tomorrow. I'm really excited because soon I will be going to St. Petersburg and it will be nice to have pictures and movies from that. Let me know if you think this is a bad idea, but it will probably be too late.
Well, that's it!
Love,
Сестра Атвуд
No comments:
Post a Comment