This week is going to be short because I don't have a lot of time. And I just realized it is almost 8:00 in the morning there! Strange! Normally we write home earlier, but we were having too much fun.
This last week was a roller coaster ride to say the least. For the second time in my life (both happening on my mission) I felt like I never want to have kids. But, if I have time, I will get to that later.

Last P-Day, we didn't do anything with the Elders because Elder Day had to go to Самара (Samara) to get his companion who went to Moscow to renew his Visa. (Above - Service at the children's park) So, since we knew they were gone, we planned something else.
By the way, is my website still being updated? Heather told me a while ago that she waits for a new email to be posted and I didn't know if it just wasn't working here because it only has to the 11th of November when I look).
Anyway, Thursday, we had service in the hospital, and then the day ended with English, as usual. That wasn't anything special. Friday was a very bad day. We started by thinking we needed to meet the Elders at 11:00 at the church, but we waited 25 min. and they didn't show up. Apparently, Elder Ross told us 11:00, but he meant 1:00, so we weren't able to do our weekly planning. Then, he ended up being a half hour late, and we were a half hour late for our meeting with a new convert. Things are really hard for her right now, so we really needed to be there.
We talked with her for a long time, and she told us that we really helped her, but because of that, we were late for something else by an hour. (Left - P-day in the woods, ready for a snowball fight!)The branch was putting on a show for an invalid house and we were supposed to have a skit, but because we were an hour late, we got there as it was ending and we didn't do our skit. That made Sister Саргсян (Sargsyan) upset because of how everyone treated us. But, I have to say that Лида (Lida) (the new convert) was definitely more important than a skit. So, that kind of sucked, because I feel bad when she feels bad and I didn't know how to help her.
Saturday started off really well. We had sports that ended in a snow ball fight. I love snow ball fights! It was so much fun. But then all the Elders in our district went and ate lunch together without inviting us. We did our usual work, but we couldn't help feeling like they don't like us. Then Sunday, they again ate together, without us. What happened to district unity? Well, that made us feel even worse. Elder Ross calls us every night to make sure we are home and that everything is ok,
but when he called that night, I guess he sensed something was different. He asked, like usual, if he could do anything to help. (Right - In the woods, snowball fighting) Sister Саргсян said, nothing. He said, well if there is anything, let me know. She responded, never will be. He then told her that he is here to serve us and that he wants to serve us, but she told him she didn't believe him. Well, she wanted to say other things to him, but she didn't.The next day was Monday, and that means district meeting. So, it just so happens that everything came out, and now things are basically different, much better. We told them we wanted to go to Old City where the Elders like having us around and they told us the Old City Elders don't like anyone but themselves. We also learned that one of the Elders thought Sister Саргсян never wanted to talk to him. It was a good thing that happened that day. Ever since then, which hasn't been very long, I've felt a little more unified. That's good because as missionaries in Russia, we need each other so we don't go insane. Well, that Monday night was the second time I decided I never wanted to have kids. We were at a member's house and their little four year old
boy punched Sister Саргсян in the face! It was so funny, but this is also the same little boy that threw rocks at his dad last time we were there. (Left - In the fort that I single-handed obtained from the Elders, and I'm ready to defend it) Then, they gave him a sharp knife! I don't know what they were thinking! But, when I talked to Elder Ross on the phone and told him that, he told me it is a commandment and that I have to procreate. It was rather a funny conversation, but probably even funnier if someone would have heard HIS side. What made it even funnier was that they almost burned down their apartment. Anyway, I don't want kids if they end up like some of the Russian kids I have met. One little girl spit on me because I wouldn't let her steal my purse!Then, yesterday, we shoveled snow for service. That was fun. We ended that with a snow ball fight. But, the rest of our day really sucked and it ended with Sister Саргсян feeling awful, and once again I didn't know what to say. Luckily, Elder Ross is smart and he helped her to feel better. Today, we went into the forest together and had another snowball fight. This is becoming a habit here, but it is so much fun! Even though all the Elders
ganged up on me and ambushed me. (Right - The Elders ganging up on Sargsyan) I don't know what they were thinking because then they used it against each other saying the others conspired together against a sister. It was still fun because I beat them and took their fort. They were all like, how did this happen? One sister took our fort! It was great.After that we went to the church with a couple Elders from Old City (one who is leaving on Friday) to play Phase 10 and watch Prince of Egypt. That was fun, but that is also why we are late writing home. And now it is probably time for me to go. We have a meeting in Old City in 20 minutes. We may be a little late, but normally she is, too, so I guess it's not a big deal. Yeah, I like it when the days are good.
I hate to say it, but a lot of that depends on the Elders, mostly because my companion gets hurt by them very easily. When I feel like we are all united and friends, things are easier, even when I see strange things that are always happening here in Russia. What a life! And luckily, there is still more of it. Sometimes I think I never want to leave, and other times I feel like I am crazy just for being here. I guess we will see what happens next!
Love,
Сестра Атвуд


No comments:
Post a Comment