and unfortunately it takes a long time to get there. (Left - reenacting the rock, paper, scissors showdown on P-day) But, I will write what I can. First, I wanted to make a little correction about something that I said earlier. It has to do with transportation. There really is no difference between a маршрутка (marshrutka) and a газель(gazelle), I personally just differentiate them in the way that I described earlier, but other people use them interchangeably, probably because they use the same vehicle, one is just a private газель and the other is public. Though a gazelle isn't necessarily a marshrutka.Now that I got that taken care of, I have a favor to ask of everyone. Hopefully everyone is really creative. Well, it seems like I'm not. Every week I have to teach English, and even though I teach the advanced group who know English really well, I still have to make it fun. So, I was wondering if everyone could tell me any ideas that they have for fun games that involve a lot of speaking. I wanted to play Taboo, but I didn't have the cards, so I was also wondering if, maybe mom, that might be the best, if you could buy it and either type the cards or have someone else do it. That would be a lot easier and a lot more fun than the ones that I made which turned out to be really easy for them. Anyway, that would be great, but I don't want to have it here because that is just a lot to lug around, but then I can make my own cards. If there are any other games you can think of, please tell me! But remember, at least for the advanced group, it needs to involve a lot of speaking.
I was also wondering, how did you go about getting a temple recommend before Bismarck became a stake? Here, the members have to talk to the Mission President, and I didn't think it was like that before, but maybe it was. You should know, though, since you lived there.
Other than that, we've been working really hard. I am still always tired, but funny things always happen.
We've had a little more luck with our investigators this week,
though I think one decided she didn't want to hear us anymore. (Right - Lena's baptism) We have tried contacting her, both over the phone and by stopping by, but we never get a response. If that is the case, it has something to do with us asking her to invite her husband to listen as well. We explained how the church is family oriented and that we would like to give him the same opportunity. She wasn't very happy that we wanted her to talk to him about it, and since then she hasn't come to any activities, and we haven't been able to reach her. I hope there is some other circumstance, but I highly doubt it.On a happier note, we seem to have gotten a lot more work. We did some service raking leaves at a kiddy park near the mall last week (that was fun) and some of the women who work there were really impressed with us and told the member who coordinated it all that they wanted to hear more about our religion. Also, we got a referral from a member. This woman is 62 years old and told her neighbor that she wants to be baptized. That's exciting, huh? So now we just need to teach her about the gospel. Also, one of our old investigators said we can start meeting with her some more, we were able to meet with a contact that we met on the street, and a lot of good things seem to be starting. Hopefully it will stay that way, and I know it will with the Lord's help.
We were finally able to watch conference last week. It was really great and exactly what I needed. I felt so much better about a lot of things afterwards. It was really nice because I could hear the English, and then for the last session
I had an English copy to follow along with. I felt a little bad that the Russian was a little harder to hear because of that, but there was nothing we could do. (Above - A beautiful little children's park on a rainy fall day) Just the same, I really needed to hear conference. I think that is the first time that I've really felt that way. I mean, I've enjoyed conference before, but maybe it was because I had to wait for it that it just really filled a thirst I had. It was great. I was also glad to hear that I am ahead of schedule for the reading. I was a little worried about that, but I should finish close to the beginning of December. Hooray!I bought winter boots today. They weren't too expensive, though I wish I could have spent less. Oh well, they should keep my feet warm and dry when the snow falls. I keep waiting for it, but they say it won't come until close to the end of November, that's too bad.
Mom, real quick, are you checking my hotmail account still? I haven't gotten any of the emails from my friend Beth that go there, so I really hope you still are. I would like to be able to read those. They come from her mother (with the last name Wilson).
Anyway, we have to get getting, so I guess that is all for now. Keep writing!
Love,
Сестра Атвуд
No comments:
Post a Comment