Friday, September 2, 2005

Моя семья

Моя семья,
You are all so great, though I wish certain ones among you would be more diligent in writing me every week. That reminds me . . . you should call Becky and yell at her for not writing me. I have been here for nearly 2 FULL months and I haven’t heard a thing from her.
So, I found out what time we are leaving, but I don’t know if that is when our flight leaves or when we leave the MTC. But the time is 4:00 n the afternoon or so. I will get my flight plans for sure this week and then I will write to let you know. That means I may get to see Jordan when he comes in. I wonder if Becky is going to come with. You should find out and let me know because I should be able to give her my stuff that I was going to ship home rather than paying to ship it.
I am sending home an insurance claim form for you to fill out and send in. It is for my Hepatitis B shot that I got on Wednesday, my last shot. I already paid for it, but I would like to get my money back if I can. Also, about the meningococcal meningitis shot. They told me the bill won’t arrive to you until 2 months after I leave and they won’t send an insurance claim form until after it is paid. Lame, huh? They told me I could just pay and avoid all that, but I didn’t know if I had the money and I didn’t want to pay with my credit card until I knew the other was taken care of. So, let me know about that. It is $91.
Ok, now for letters to you. Sara, boating? That sounds like fun! I wish we would have done that kind of stuff when I was in Young Women. It is exciting to me that you are starting school. I ALMOST wish I was starting school, but I’m glad, too, that I will be leaving for Russia soon. I guess I almost feel the way you do. I’m not nervous about leaving, but I’m sad because I won’t get to see 6 of my Elders for a long time. Oh well, I am ready to leave. That’s great that your prescription has been cut down. That must mean you are still improving.
Mom, I am always so glad to get your letters. You are the one who has written me the most. I really appreciate it. It’s really funny that Lizzy blames everything on Sara, but maybe she should get out of the habit of doing that. It’s not very charitable. That’s good that you go your talk to be over 5 min, but it’s too bad you weren’t able to go to the temple. That is the only thing I’m not looking forward to when I leave the MTC. I won’t be able to go to the temple for nearly a year and a half. But I guess at least I don’t have to worry about the language. We took this grammar test yesterday that I got a 100% on. Брат Снег said I am the only student he’s had do that. That’s great that Moelina and her kids were finally baptized. (Left - me and Sister Christensen on P-day in the laundry room) I think that will make it easier to stay active if they go as a family. That’s good that Elizabeth is moving on to Relief Society. I’m sure she’ll enjoy it. As for Harry Potter, I will only read it if my mission president allows me to and then it will be по-русски (in Russian). But thanks for offering to send it to me.
I think I did order the Thief and the Cobbler and that Becky paid for half of it . . . maybe. I would have to check it out for sure in my email. If you can get into that it would be in my hotmail account. Otherwise I will have to see if I can use the internet in the airport. When I can do that, or you can, I will better know what I can do, or what needs to be done.
Things have been great since the companionship exchange, not that things were bad, at least not for me, but things are better now for all of us. Though, I do feel bad for Сестра Wilson (my old companion). She does not like her new district and says that she doesn’t have a good feeling there. She says there is too much pride. That’s kind of interesting now that I think about it because we are watching “Beware of Pride” right now. Anyway, I guess that’s really the only thing that ISN’T better. I am glad that I didn’t have to switch districts, though. I think this district is exactly what Сестра Christensen needed because all the Elders are great here. That’s another thing I’m sad about. When we leave, I won’t be able to see 6 of my Elders and I probably won’t see the others very often. But at least I will get to travel w/ them. That will be so much fun. So, I should be able to call you from the airport. You should send me a phone card so I can do that. Get whatever # of minutes you think you would want to talk to me and keep in mind that I can call on every lay over and I may have at least 2. Will you also get me a new pair of ear phones? One of mine doesn’t work and it lets the noises of the night sneak in while I am sleeping. I need the kind that go IN the ear so I can sleep w/ them (that is the only time I can use them). Preferably they will have a plastic case that will protect them and they wind into so the cord doesn’t get caught. That is only minorly important though, as long as they go in my ears. I would also prefer silver or black, but again that is just a preference and not a requirement. Just in case I haven’t already asked, will you send me some clear nail polish that I have and a few other colors, maybe blue and my really red color. That would be nice. The clear is basically necessary because otherwise my fingernails break. The colors are just for fun because I like how it looks. Let’s see that should be all I need. You don’t have to hurry about anything that I have asked for, but try to have it all here by at least Friday the 16th if you can. Oh, could you get me 9 more of those foot liners, the s size. Some of mine have started to get a run in them and it would be nice to have a bunch of extra so hopefully you won’t have to send them to me when I am in Russia.
So, let’s see. I am so glad that another week is nearly over. The time has gone by a lot quicker than I thought it would end up going. That is good because I am very ready to leave. It’s funny because I haven’t left the MTC since the 6th of July. That is a long time to have to be confined to the walls of the MTC. Some people call this Spirit Prison. I guess, in a lot of ways, it is like Spirit Prison. You can’t leave and you are taught by servants of the Lord. The only difference is, we aren’t spirits and we have already accepted the gospel.
I have 4 cankersores in my mouth. It really sucks. I think maybe they put too much salt in their food. I can’t think of any other reason why I would have so many. (Right - Ice cream party!!!) It really hurts though. I am very ready to not be eating MTC food anymore. It makes my stomach groan and yel at me. It’s not very fun at all.
Yeah, so I am going to be done, I think. Don’t forget to send in my claim form. Also, I am still waiting for answers to any of my questions. One thing that helps me is this: I usually have your letters right w/ me when I write so I can respond to anything that was said in your letters.
There is this stuff that is really good that I like. It is Western Family complete Allergy and Sinus headache relief. It works so fast! And it lasts for a while. I know that Western Family isn’t in ND, but maybe you could get me a couple boxes of something similar. Сестра Wilson said to find the Benadryl and look for a store brand. That would be great and that should really be the last thing I want.
Love,
Сестра Атвуд

No comments: